Welcome to your Art Class. We are very thrilled to have you here. Together we can co-create amazing adventures with colour, texture, patterns, shapes, techniques and different mediums of art. We will also be combining mindfulness and meditation in our classes so that you, “The Artist” can get more in tune with your creative self and take advantage of your creative gifts.
Creative stuff you can expect to learn with us :
- Learn about art principles
- Learn about colour theory
- Learn how to care for your art equipment
- Experiment using different mediums such as water colour, acrylics, charcoal, oil pastels, clay, wood, different types of paper, fabric, yarn and many more exiting mediums! The sky is the limit!
- Create mixed media art and learn about various art forms and artists from around the world
- Learn how to use different art techniques
- Art History and a bit of geography – especially about places that a particular artist or art form came about.
- Creative concepts and how to work on one
- Mindfulness & meditation practice combining art
- Celebrating and learning about different kinds of festivals that will fall during each term and creating art based on that.
Most importantly we will be having lots of fun being creative. So you can learn to confidently express art your way without any fear in our free flowing, creative & experimental classes
Also note, we will be learning different techniques, art styles and about different artists throughout the year. Each new term we will introduce a new artist to you, and fun challenges so you can get inspired by them and nurture the artist in you. Plus we run some cool contests such as ” The longest, Stare held by someone”, The coolest “Breath of Fire” contest and a few other fun activities during the class.
I hope you will be joining us soon!
Warmest regards from all of us at the, After School Art Class.